Friday, July 1, 2011

Ridgemont Commercial Construction Visit


On June 18th 2011 we had the pleasure of having class at the Ridgemont Commercial Construction office in Irving. Thankfully this was only a 10 minute drive from home. Mister Seth Williams was our host and tour guide for the day. He seems to really know his craft, not to mention he’s in the M.S.R.E. program as well. During our sit down he talked about bonding, liquidated damages, and how politics play a huge role in the development/commercial construction world. Did I mention how important relationships are?! Are you kidding me?? They account for 70%+ of repeat business. You better not let change orders ruin them! I also learned that buyouts play a big role in profit margins.


After we toured the office and shoot  a couple of baskets we had lunch and met at the construction site of Sprouts in Carrollton, which is a farm fresh produce purchased from local growers. The custom home that we visited was amazing and did I say Custom? It had a pool on the top deck, huge kitchen, an elevator that could travel from the basement to the top floor. It would be a treat to see the finished product. I’m looking forward to our next visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment